AIM (now AJMI) originally began in Obuasi (a mining community in Ghana) in the year 1996, as a small prayer group. It later developed into a non-denominational Youth Fellowship. To date, it still exists in Obuasi as such. It had a mandate to reach out to the youth in Obuasi and to develop them into matured Christians who can contribute to the development of their churches. This group, under the leadership of Francis Intiful, was used by God to spearhead a revival among the youth in Obuasi township. Our meetings and programmes developed the members, some of whom are now pastors and leaders in various churches.
AJMI as a church, however, was founded in Accra, Ghana in the year 2010 through the inspirational leadership of Rev. Francis Intiful and his wife, Mrs. Freda Intiful. On Easter Saturday, 11th April, 2009 the last day of 40-Days of fasting and prayers (breaking the fast at 6pm each evening), God spoke to him and gave him the commission (vision) to start AJMI as a Church in Accra, the capital city of Ghana. In obedience to this call of God to enter into full time ministry, he resigned from a lucrative career in the Telecoms industry as a Radio Network Planning and Optimisation Consultant.
After a series of monthly All-Night and Friday Fellowship meetings, the stage was set for full take off. The first Sunday service was held on the 5th of December, 2010 at 3rd Gate, Ashale Botwe, Accra. Six (6) adults were in attendance at the maiden Sunday Service including Francis Intiful, Freda Intiful, Stephen Nkoah, Vida Hogrey, Mary Armoo, Joseph Armoo and Baby Francyne Intiful. The church has since been growing at a fast pace. On 4th September, 2011, the man of God, Rev. Francis Intiful, was ordained and AJMI was commissioned under the auspices of Eastwood Anaba Ministries.
We believe that The Bible, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God without error in the original writings, and are the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life. We believe in all sound teachings and doctrines of the bible including, but not limited to, the following:
- God Almighty is the one and only true God, creator of the Heavens and Earth.
- He is eternally existent in three persons, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ of Nazareth, born of the Virgin Mary is the only begotten son of the Father.
- He is God manifested and dwelt among men.
- All men have sinned and need redemption from their sins in order to have everlasting life in Heaven otherwise eternal death in Hell awaits them.
- Jesus Christ died for the sins of all mankind on the cross and rose again on the third day and that salvation is available through Him alone.
- To become a Christian, one needs to consciously and willingly accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
- The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian seeks to live under his control daily.
- The ministry and gifts of the Holy Spirit to believers, as experienced by the early Church, is for us today. We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
- Divine healing of the body in its various forms are applicable today as it was in the early Church.
- In accordance with the Scriptures, Jesus Christ will come again to reign on Earth and at the final judgement will judge each man individually.
- Water Baptism by immersion after accepting Christ as personal Saviour, is a testimony of death to sin and resurrection to a new life.
- The Lord’s Supper is a memorial service setting forth in sacred and symbolic manner the death of the Lord Jesus Christ; all true believers and only believers should share in it.